Title: Are we building forward better?
Date: January 18th 2022
Time: 8:00 – 9:30 AM (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
More details about this important event:
As we enter 2022, the pandemic continues to have a devastating impact across the world. It exacerbates inequalities – spatial as well as between women and men, age groups and other population groups, and threatens to unravel decades of progress.
In 2021, 49 countries and 27 supporting organizations pledged to ensure a sustainable and resilient recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. The sustainable recovery pledge puts human rights, the 2030 Agenda and the Paris agreement at its heart. It uses these as a roadmap to build forward better and ensure that no one is left behind.
We invite you to join us on January 18 as we reaffirm the pledge and ask: are we on the right track? Are we building forward better?
The Danish Institute for Human Rights, the Universal Rights Group and the Permanent Mission of Denmark to the UN in Geneva will co-host the event following the Fourth Inter-Sessional Meeting of the Human Rights Council on Human Rights and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
Among speakers will be high-level UN officials and state representatives, including:
- United Nations Assistant Secretary-General for Human Rights, Ms. Ilze Brands Kehris
- UN Special Rapporteur on Extreme Poverty and Human Rights, Mr. Olivier De Schutter
- Ambassador and Permanent Representative of Denmark to the United Nations, Mr. Morten Jespersen
- Ambassador and Permanent Representative of Chile to the United Nations Office in Geneva, Mr. Frank Tressler Zamorano
- Permanent Representative of Ukraine to the United Nations Office in Geneva, Ms. Yevheniia Filipenko
You will also meet representatives from civil society and business alongside human rights experts.
Feel free to share with colleagues and friends who may be interested.
Co-organisers of the online side event:
- The Permanent Mission of Denmark to the UN in Geneva
- Universal Rights Group
- The Danish Institute for Human Rights
Registration: The online side event will take place on Microsoft Teams. Kindly register via this link https://bit.ly/33rzTwo